Understand Your Goals When Selecting Investment Property
Investing in commercial real estate is not for the faint of heart. The first step to buying commercial real estate is to understand yourself and what type of investor you are. Below are some questions to help you start……
- What kind of property interests you? Office, Retail, Industrial, or Residential?
- What's your situation regarding cash, financing, and/or ability to make a down payment, along with how much reserves do you have for troubled times?
- Would you be willing to partner with someone else on the property? (that’s another whole topic)
- Do you have a vision for the future of the property or is the current (or possible) cash flow what interests you?
- What skills/knowledge are you bringing to the table? How much work/time are you willing to put into the property?
- Are you willing to do the duties of being a landlord or what kind of property manager might you need (or not)?
When considering commercial real estate as an investment, this is just the beginning. We have several investments listed for sale, please give us a call to discuss them!